BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Besame mucho, Besame!


I absolutely adore Besame Cosmetics. I discovered the niche line a few years back on MakeupAlley, and it was love at first sight. The boudoir feel of the products, the intense pigmentation, the cute little compacts - how could I not love Besame? Gabriela Hernandez, the founder of the company, wanted to bring luxury and glamour into every day life, and I really do feel glamorous when I use her products.

About three years ago, there was a huge sale on the Besame website, and I (along with the rest of MUA) went crazy; well, my then-boyfriend went crazy buying me my Christmas presents, haha! I ended up with quite the Besame collection, some of which I later ended up sharing with friends.

For today, I wanted a put-together look. I was sitting on my bed staring at my eye shadow collection when I noticed my three little Besame eyeshadow compacts sitting together. I knew I had a winner, so I whipped out a good chunk of the rest of my collection and went for a Besame theme!

Besame Shimmer Beige eye shadow: Sadly no longer available on the Besame website, this is a very pretty and very pale beige. It has shimmer, but not overly so. It makes a very nice brow-bone highlight or inner eye highlight, but I feel as if it's a bit too stark white on my skin due to my tan. Imagine MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow with shimmer, and you have Besame Shimmer Beige.

Besame Plum Dandy eye shadow: Plum Dandy was the eyeshadow everyone on MUA freaked out over. It is an absolutely gorgeous gold-shot warm plum that has a hint of taupe. It makes my brown eyes glow. I'm sitting here trying to think of a dupe, and NARS Ondine is the closest I could think of. Plum Dandy is more golden, and less taupey than Ondine, however. Sadly, Plum Dandy is also no longer available on the website. If you can swap for this shadow, or find it on Ebay, I highly recommend you do so. It's that gorgeous.

Besame Socialite Brown eye shadow: Finally, a color that is still available for purchase! Socialite Brown is a great shimmery warm brown with (again) a hint of taupe. It's one of those perfect contour colors because it's dark enough to create depth, but not too dark as to be overpowering. It can be used on the lids, crease, outer V, or as liner. It's one of those workhorse shades that will take you far. I can't think of a suitable dupe for this color, either. This color retails for $14 on the website.


Besame Classic Masterliner Pencils - Kohl/Beige eyeliner and Gray/Taupe brow pencil: Both of these are still available on the Besame website; these are very nice double-ended mechanical pencils. I am especially fond of the Gray/Taupe brow pencil, and I'm currently on my fourth or fifth one - I need to reorder soon! I must say, though, that I don't love the Kohl/Beige eyeliner. The Kohl (black) color smudges a lot, and the Beige color isn't very pigmented (but it does make a decent enough waterliner/inner corner highlight). These pencils retail for $18, and I think that for the brow duo, that's an excellent price!


As for the rest of my face, most of the products I used are also from Besame. I used Maybelline Falsies mascara (from the UK, but it better get to the US soon!), my Everyday Minerals foundation, and Besame Loose Powder (no longer available on the website either, but I love this and it smells like vanilla!). For my blush, I used my two Besame Vintage Boudoir Rouges:Sun Kissed to contour, and Sweet Pink on the apples. Since these two colors are matte, I used a touch of Bobbi Brown Tawny Shimmerbrick on the cheekbones.


For my lips, I used Besame Classic Enchanting Lipstick in Chocolate Kiss (no longer available), and Besame Classic Glaze in Vanilla on top for shimmer and to lighten the lipstick color.


Wow, that's a lot of stuff! I love how the Besame shadows, despite all being shimmers, are not overpowering. My eyes just glow, an effect emphasized by the thin black line and my highlighted waterline. My cheeks and lips are softly colored, and also glowy. Hah, I live up to my Twitter name of @glowyjoeybunny!

8 love notes:

Marley said...

Picture!! And I read on Musings of a Muse that Maybelline is releasing Falsies here this summer- I'm excited, it seems like the UK MUA'ers really like it- you're a fan too, I take it?

Joey said...

Marley, I love Falsies. It's an incredible, incredible mascara. I'm thrilled it'll be available here!!

Marce said...

I haven't tried Besame, but everything looks lovely! Maybe one day I'll have the opportunity :)

MakeupMusings said...

I just tried Besame for the first time a few days ago, thanks to a lovely lady on Makeupalley! Love them!

amy@cafemakeup.com said...

Gorgeous! You know, $14 is not a lot for such a pretty product!!

lexi920 said...

Very pretty!

Joey said...

Marce, start with the lipsticks! They are divine.

Kelleyrie, I'm so excited for you! What did you get?

Amy, the prices are awesome =D

Lexi, thanks! =D

mewmewmew said...

I haven't tried Besame, but everything looks lovely! Maybe one day I'll have the opportunity :)

volvo parts car
round rock criminal attorney