BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 24, 2010

Today's EOTD was a success, hooray!

I'm really thrilled I found my Bobbi Brown Pewter Chrome eyeshadow. I had forgotten how absolutely lovely the texture and color is. Bobbi Brown eyeshadows really never disappoint - pricey, but they last forever. Pewter Chrome is one of those colors that has all these bizarre tones to it that make it go with everything. I bought it for myself as a Christmas present this past December (retailed for $22), but it's been somewhat neglected.


I'm especially fond of pairing Pewter Chrome with greens, which is why I had decided on the Black Radiance duo (the name is Black Radiance Metallic Eyeshadow Duo in Island/Oasis). It retails for $2.99 in drugstores, and the pigmentationAdd Image is superb; in fact, it's definitely department store quality. The white-gold color is highly pigmented, and the green color is pewtery itself - or maybe more of a golden-green. It's deep, it's dark, but easily blended.


Like I said I would, I used the white-gold color as my brow bone highlight, and applied Pewter Chrome on my lids. The dark green color I applied in my crease, outer V, and my lower lash line. I used MAC Jealousy Kohl Power as my eyeliner, because I wanted just a little more green.


I'm really happy with how this came out. I love Pewter so much! I need to use it more often. I'm thinking it'd rock with purples. I should try it later on with the other Black Radiance eyeshadow duo I have (it has a mauvey-taupe and a purple).

3 love notes:

Marley said...

I know it's your eye blog...but what's on your lips and cheeks?

Joey said...

Hi Marley! My cheeks - same random nude matte Estee Lauder blush from yesterday; my lips - Shu Uemura Lolishine Rouge #968

Musing on Beauty said...

I've been wanting to get Pewter Chrome for a while but haven't been able to find it at my BB counter :( I did get Sage recently, though, and I might try that one with Nars Taiga duo.