BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 24, 2010

So I know people...like Edward Bess...and I kind of love him...

(Ladyboss, Edward, moi)

My 23rd birthday was last Thursday (6/17). All I wanted for my birthday was to be pretty (and drunk, but that part came later), so my dear friend and makeup fairy godfather Edward Bess came to my rescue!

My darling Ladyboss and I went to Bergdorf Goodman for some lunchtime fun with Edward. Both of us wanted dramatic looks; Ladyboss wanted smokey eyes and I wanted a 'f*ck me' red lip.

Ladyboss' look utilized Edward's "Eye Love You" set (a smokey grey-taupe eyeshadow trio, sooty black eyeliner, and black mascara), plus Daydream bronzer and Afterglow All Over Seduction. Her pale lips were concealer, Pure Impulse lipstick, and Nude Satin lip gloss. She looked so sultry when Edward was finished with her!

My look was simpler but no less dramatic: a nude-taupe eye with strong black liner, glowing cheeks, and a bold red lip.

This is what Edward used on me: Nude eyeshadow all over my eyes, with Intimate eyeshadow on the lids, and a bit of Dusk in the crease. Black eye liner was heavily applied, as was black mascara. I had the honor of being the first person ever to try Edward's new foundation (coming out in September!), and it's a fabulous cream formula. Some concealer and Daydream bronzer brightened my skin, and Afterglow All Over Seduction highlighted my cheeks and nose. My lips: Natural lip liner, Eternal Passion lipstick, and Warm Flame lip gloss for shine.

A treat for you readers: I have video and high-quality pictures, courtesy of kickass Ladyboss. Enjoy!


video


video

9 love notes:

Prime Beauty said...

I wanna see more Joey on camera! And to hear her say cawfee!!

Sabrina said...

SOOOOO HOT!!!! You look absolutely adorable. I need to try that lip combo he used on your boss. I have and love both lip products.

This is a great post with cute picture and great video! Love it!

You look giddy with excitement. So jealous he did your makeup :)

lexi920 said...

Wow look at those lips! That was a birthday treat - you lucky girl! I love that group photo and your ladyboss is very pretty. I am honored that you think I resemble her.

I can't wait to meet you and play with makeup with you when I come visit in September...I wish Mr. Bess would be there and if my fairy godmother hears this a Monsieur NARS sighting!

Marley said...

Just friggin gorgeous!!! (you AND Edward)

Elvira said...

Aww Bunny! You are too cute!

Lakshmi said...

Oh wow!!! How terribly exciting!! You both look great!! :)

Citrine said...

Damn...He is pretty....

My Lips But Better said...

Dude, you look great and everything, but Edward Bess is SO PRETTY! More plz.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Ethereal Prey said...

oh wow, I saw him there a while ago, but was too shy to say anything to him. I wonder if he still does make overs now, do you have to buy product before he works his magic on you?