BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I apparently died, and forgot to update, so here's my attempt at making it up to you!

I've been in a weird place lately. Blogging has been hard for me. I'm vacillating between being too busy or too depressed to write. So, I'm going to just update with a ton of pretty eye pics I took for the blog, and forgot to post. I'll show the pics, and let you know what I used. If I can, I'll update with swatch pics! =) Thank you for being patient with me, I appreciate it.

This series of pics involves my new favorite eyeshadow, MUFE #75, the hot matte pink. It rocks. It rocks so damn hard. Yes, it stains my eyes something terrible, but it looks so awesome against my skin tone. Summer 2010 has really been all about the hot pinks for me. I layered the hot pink/rose color from the MAC crush metal stacks that came out back in January (it was Stacked #1; click the link for the MakeupAlley reviews). The effect was electric, and oh so sexy. My crease color is courtesy of Inglot (I owe you all pictures of my Inglot palette!), and the color is a gorgeous shimmery deep warm burgundy. What do you think?

Looking back on these pics, I feel as if my makeup is really scene. All I need is a tragic emo haircut and an "I hate the world" attitude. Also, can you tell that I really love lots of eyeliner and a dark brow?

8 love notes:

Musing on Beauty said...

I like it a lot. But then if I was 20 years younger I'd probably be Scene or something like that.
( that makes me sound old - pre-birthday blues, probably)
Anyway: great look and I can't wait to see your Inglot palette!

Joey said...

Thank you! =) Aw, happy early birthday! and no worries about the age thing - I feel like I'm too old for hot pink eyeshadow! I just can't help but love it =(

I should get on that Inglot post =)

Elvira said...

Wow that looks seriously hot on you. Ah I remeber the days of being in "The Scene" and it wasn't that emo bullshit either. it was true dark and depressing goth... before goth got all electronica and shit. I wish I could do bolder eye looks. I feel like I'm too old and live in too conservative of an area to get away with it.

Joey said...

Thanks Elvira =D *squishes*

Come to NYC and visit me so you can wear bolder looks! xoxoxo

lexi920 said...

YAY you're back. I'm scared of hot pink eye shadow not because I'm afraid it'll make me look like I have a bad case of pink eye but it might intensify my eczema issues...NOT CUTE!!!

lexi920 said...

oh and ditto with what Elvira said - I'm pretty sure we are the same age.

K said...

OK, I'm TOTALLY late on commenting on your blog... Depressed? Did something happen? I'm on googlechat or twitter ALL THE DAMN TIME so talk to me! I know that your comments really helped me when I was depressed...

But hey, you look HOT. Seriously. And I bet you we are the same age as well!

Catherine said...

Looks AWESOME! I wanna rock some hot pinks now too LOL.