BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fridays are made for haulin'!

After a hard few days, there’s nothing like getting paid and treating oneself to some retail therapy!
Here’s my little fun Friday haul! Nothing too huge or terribly expensive, but it’s exciting for me. The only thing missing from this picture is the sweet little goodie bag I was gifted by Kiehl’s today (but that could be another post, I guess). 

At Sephora, I purchased the Jumbo Liner 12Hour Pencil in #04 Taupe. I have been obsessing over these pencils for weeks now, constantly visiting Sephora to swatch them. I eventually want most of the range (if not all of the colors, really) but I decided to start with the taupe - of course! This shouldn’t surprise you at all. I will do a comprehensive review later, but I can tell you that for $10USD these are a steal. I also received some Bliss skincare samples.
After Sephora, I took a nice walk up north along Madison Avenue to stop at the Vosges store. If you’re not familiar with Vosges, go to their website NOW. Vosges makes the most insanely creative and delicious chocolate concoctions. I am especially fond of their bacon chocolate creations, but today I was on a mission to get the Sweet Bapchi’s Caramel Toffee Bar. This was a recommendation from my darling Ilusionisto, who’s probably a bigger chocolate fiend than I am.
(An aside: I’ve decided that I need to have pseudonyms for the people I mention on this blog who aren’t bloggers. Ilusionisto is someone you’ll encounter quite a bit here; he’s made a few appearances in reviews I’ve done on Pink Sith but I used his actual name. Anyway, he figures into a lot in my life and influences a ton of my fragrance choices. Besides, “Ilusionisto” has multiple meanings to him as well. He’d appreciate the reference.)

Vosges was out of the Sweet Bapchi’s Caramel Toffee Bar but they did have the Sweet Bapchi’s Caramel Toffee (the difference is that the bar is a chocolate bar with chunks of the toffee, while the toffee is...clearly just the toffee), so I chose that. Still, I wanted something more chocolatey; the Habana bar caught my eye. As a Puerto Rican, one of my favorite snacks to have is a giant bag of plantain chips, so a chocolate bar with plantain chips in it sounded just so perfect to me! I’ll definitely do reviews of the chocolates when I try them. 
Did anyone else haul today? This heat that’s sweeping the Northeast is so depressing. Everyone looked so beat down in the NYC streets today. I feel very grateful that I had the means to haul, even if it was just a couple of small purchases. My attitude shifted so much towards a more positive place (and even more so once I went to Duane Reade and bought a giant bottle of seltzer water - and tested a ton of Demeter fragrances!). 
Taupes and chocolates: the perfect start to the weekend! 

10 love notes:

Carrie Meredith said...

This has nothing to do with anything except your love of taupe: the new Chanel nail polish, Quartz? You should get it, because it's a gorgeous deep metallic shimmery taupe. I want to eat my fingertips off, it's that pretty.

Joey said...

I miiiiiiight get it next week when I go to get a certain someone the LMdB Lavande NP.

Joey said...

Also Carrie, dunno how strict of a vegetarian you are, but Vosges makes vegan truffles. They are DELISH. I may have to send you some, at some point when it's cool enough to send chocolate by mail.

Carrie Meredith said...

I've heard of Vosges, I'd love to try someday! You know, I'm actually not that big on chocolate, I do love raspberry cordials though (Godiva makes the ones I love the most), or other fruit/choc things, choc covered orange peel, vanilla everything, marzipan, toffee, buttercreme, you get the idea.

Joey said...

Well Vosges has a campari + blood orange caramel bar. I will send one as soon as I can safely mail chocolate!

Carrie Meredith said...

WHOA that sounds nutzy-good! That would be loverly. :)

lexi920 said...

My favorite Vosages bar, aside from the bacon chocolate, is the Barcelona Bar. Oooh I'll have to try the toffee one you mentioned.

I'm not expecting anything else in the mail, however, I spent a good amount of (work) time on the Chanel site today obsessing over the exclusive fragrances and the rouge blush from the Byzantine collection.

Joey said...

Lexi, I LOVE the Barcelona bar!

Chanel Coromandel is lovely. That'd be my choice if I had to choose one of the Exclusifs.

lexi920 said...

I read the description - that does smell like a lovely scent!

Joey said...

It's very lovely =D