BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lierac Paris Sensorielle Sensory Oil with 3 White Flowers is my summer skin's new BFF


In the summer months, heavy moisturizers are typically not a good idea. There’s nothing worse than the feeling of greasy, sticky skin when it’s 90F+ degrees outside, with high humidity. However, being outside in the sun, in the water, or even in air-conditioned areas all contributes to dry body skin. So, what is a bunny to do when she needs to moisturize her scaly skin?
Insert Lierac Paris Sensorielle Sensory Oil with 3 White Flowers! Yes, body oils are always the best choice for summer hydration, and the Lierac Sensorielle is among one of the best I’ve tried in a long time.
What’s awesome about Lierac Sensorielle is...well, there’s a heck of a lot of awesome in this product! Let me list it out:
  • Lierac Sensorielle is multi-use: you can use it on your face, on your body (either over dry or wet skin, or as a bath oil), and in your hair (dry or wet, to add shine and moisture).
  • Lierac Sensorielle offers 24-hour hydration.
  • Lierac Sensorielle has a ton of “good for you” ingredients like: argan oil, sweet almond oil, hazelnut oil, grapeseed plant oil, squalene to retain moisture, olive extract, and wheat germ extract to add even more moisture - in other words, this is seriously hydrating, but without any pesky skin-clogging ingredients.

So, does Lierac Sensorielle live up to its lofty claims? YES! I have yet to use it as a face or bath oil, but I have used it on my body and hair. My dry skin absorbs the oil quickly without a greasy, slippery feel. I just feel soft and my skin glows. When my skin is wet, the oil still absorbs quickly. I am soft and silky-feeling all day and all night. When used in my wet hair, my curls are soft and less frizzy. A tiny bit rubbed into my dry ends restore shine. 
All-in-all, a total wonder product! 
There is also one huge, amazing plus about Lierac Sensorielle that I failed to mention. Well, it’s more like, I wanted to save the best detail for last:
This oil has to be one of the most deliciously-scented body products I have tried in a long time. The “3 White Flowers” in the product name refer to the three flowers the oil is scented with: gardenias, camellias, and jasmines. Normally, I shy away from floral-scented products. However, nothing about this oil is cloying or “bouquet”-y. The combination of the flowers is feminine and romantic, yes; however, the oil base lends a powdery, amber base. Thus, the oil smells warm and inviting but not overpowering -  it could make a good base for many of my perfumes, but it is scented enough to be left on its own (perfect for those who sometimes find it too hot to wear fragrances). The smell was so warm, in fact, that it helped me to sleep when I wore it to bed. Win! 

Lierac Paris Sensorielle Sensory Oil with 3 White Flowers is a limited edition product, and retails for $34USD wherever Lierac is sold (Walgreens, Duane Reade, and  Amazon.com are just a few examples of retailers). Will you be picking up this wonder oil?

4 love notes:

Nicholas said...

ooh, I wish it didn't smell so feminine. . lol

Joey said...

Nicky, it doesn't. You could totally get away with it. If it smelled too feminine, you know I wouldn't wear it.

Lilbabybeetroot said...

thanks for the amazing review Joey!I rushed out and ordered,it will be perfect for the long hot Australian summer ahead.

Joey said...

Lilbabybeetroot, you're welcome! I hope you enjoy it =)
xoxo