BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NARS Grand Palais Eyeshadow Duo

For once, I am the last person in the world to review a NARS eyeshadow duo. What’s going on with me?!

My love for NARS is boundless and well-known - last year I actually swatched my NARS eyeshadow duos and eyeshadow singles for this blog, and on Pink Sith I did a multitude of glowing NARS reviews. I guess I’ve been so fragrance-focused that I have generally forgotten about makeup! Eek!

Well, I bought the Grand Palais duo a few weeks back from the NARS Boutique on 413 Bleecker Street (aka “Joey’s Heaven on Earth”), and it’s been getting quite a bit of use lately. Grand Palais is, in my humble opinion, the piece de resistance in NARS’ Fall 2011 collection. The colors are lovely and entirely wearable. 



Oh, and...THERE IS A TAUPE. Yes, taupe! We can all predict where this review is going. The short of it: buy this duo, trust me.



Grand Palais consists of a beautiful, softly shimmering mauve taupe and a matte dusty rose. 



I know that many of you probably are thinking “Joey, I’m not wearing that reddish color on my eyes.” Well then, here’s a swatch of the taupe layered over the rose: a lovely and wearable  shimmering rosewood color.

Anyone could wear this. 

Oh, and of course, you can wear the dusty rose color as a blush. I’m fond of wearing some NARS eyeshadows as blushes (Grenadines and Sophia come to mind, as does Nepal). 

Still, do try the matte rose shade on the eyes. It makes for a lovely, warm crease shade: entirely natural-looking if done with a light hand, and it creates a wonderful depth to the eye. Just avoid using it near the lash line if you’re prone to that rabbit eye effect. 

What I love best about this duo - aside from the obvious “Oh it’s NARS and there’s a taupe” - is that it is a perfect, everyday sort of pairing. The colors emphasize the eyes without being loud, and the colors are light and neutral enough to not need major application work. This is a ‘swipe and go’ sort of duo. I just pat the taupe on my lids, apply the matte rose to my crease with a fluffy brush, put on some eyeliner and mascara, and I’m done. I look polished and pretty without fuss. 

NARS Grand Palais retails for $33USD, and is well worth it. It’s a small price to pay for a combination of shades I’ll be returning to day after day. The NARS website is currently offering complimentary two-day shipping, and there’s probably a good NARS code floating around somewhere! 

16 love notes:

BlushingNoir said...

I adore this duo. I was floored by how much because I have a huge love/hate with NARS shadows... out of ALL of them I like 3. lol

Elvira said...

Oooooooooooooh Taupe!
However I think the pink might make me look like I have an eye infection as most pink shadows do that to me. :-( But as you said. I could always use it as a blush! WIN WIN

styrch said...

I got this duo in the mail last week. I almost wore it today. I'm excited about it and not excited at the same time - does that make sense? However I think I will love both shades in it - I just need to see if I'll like them together.

PerilouslyPale said...

I'm so tempted by this duo but after my disappointment with Rajasthan and Dogon I'm far too gun shy. It's so pretty though *sigh*

Nicholas said...

This looks amazing. I need a pic of you wearing it tho. This is truly a WWP post. THX xoxo

lexi920 said...

I'm still passing - not feeling the rose shade.

Yes, you were waaaay overdue for a NARS review!

Jen W said...

This looks stunning! I've actually been looking for a matte dusty rose/terracotta eyeshadow for awhile now and this looks EXACTLY like what I want.

Dovey said...

I love this! I've been using it everyday now, especially that taupe. It's perfect.

Joey said...

Blushing Noir, I adore 90% of NARS shadows. I'm so happy you love this duo!

Joey said...

Elvira, yeah, you might get a case of "rabbit eye" so just use it on your face! #WINNING

Joey said...

Styrch, it's a very basic duo so I can understand the lack of excitement but it looks SO lovely on!

Joey said...

Christa, you admittedly picked really dark duos to start with...have you checked out my swatches? I imagine Kalahari being lovely on you.

Joey said...

Nickypoo, I'll send you pics xoxoxo

Joey said...

Lexi, I was SO overdue! =)

Joey said...

Jen W, it IS stunning! Please let me know if you get it.

Joey said...

Dovey, I am so glad you find it to be perfect for you =)