BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fighting the Battle of the Breakout with Reviva Labs Problem Skin Mask

My skin has been the bane of my existence lately!
With all of the stress and life changes I’m dealing with at the moment - I’m sure you’ve all noticed how MIA I have been lately! - my skin is having a very hard time. My normally clear complexion is constantly battling a large zit or two...or three, but who’s counting?
(I am, obviously.)
A few weeks ago, the kind skin saviors over at Reviva Labs sent me their Problem Skin Mask for Oily or Blemished Skin to try out. 
(picture borrowed from www.prettylikeme.com)

Reviva Labs is a skincare company that you may not have heard of before; it is sold mostly online and at health food stores. Reviva’s goal is to bring consumers effective, quality skincare that at prices that aren’t astronomical. 
Cheap and effective skincare? I am so in. 
The Problem Skin Mask for Oily or Blemished Skin is a thick clay mask, which comes in a 1.5oz jar. I would have preferred a squeeze tube due to sanitary issues (eek, sticking my fingers in jars!), but that’s ok! The mask is supposed to help clear pimples and absorb oil without overdrying skin; this sounds perfect for me, since I’m cursed with very dry but very acne-prone skin. 
Here is a list of the ingredients: Water, SD Alcohol, 39c, Zinc Oxide, Sulfur, Camphor, Sorbitol, Carboxy Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Beonzoate, Citric Acid. 
All in all, it sounds like the perfect combination of zit-zapping actives!
I initially thought that the jar was way too small - 1.5oz for $13USD is a bit steep. However, very little of this product is needed. I’ve been using it almost daily for going on six or seven weeks now, and I still have plenty of product: perhaps another six plus weeks or so. Considering that most people wouldn’t have to use this daily, I would say that the jar is an economical purchase.
Now, does it really work? Gosh, yes!
The directions say to leave the mask on for twenty minutes, but I’ve been sleeping with it on my face. Before bed, I dab on a relatively thick layer over any bumps and lumps on my face. 


(The world's most terrifying picture: a mask-covered insomniac Bunny)
The first time I used the mask, it helped two deep cystic pimples come to a head overnight, which I found to be seriously impressive. Also, it dried out a few non-cystic pimples - but didn’t dry out or irritate my skin. Whenever I use the mask, my skin always looks much better than it did before I applied it. 
Honestly, this stuff has been a lifesaver for my self-confidence this summer. When I hit the bottom of my jar, I’m running to my local health food store to buy another.
Reviva Labs products can be purchased on their website, or at your local health food store!

4 love notes:

Elvira said...

You are even beautiful when covered in a mask! HA! And I'm sorry your skin is angry. Hopefully you can rest some and tell it to calm the fuck down! Of course now I need to try this stuff.

Joey said...

Thanks dude! I'm really hoping that being in Florida does some wonders for my skin (and sanity...).

kellinicole86 said...

I'll def. have to check this out. I've had 3 pimples literally for the past 3 months that will not go away no matter what I try - fingers crossed this will work : )

Joey said...

Kelli, I hope it works for you! xoxo