BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pretty in purple with L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow!


A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Kelly of Jellyminx Thinks (do you read her blog?) sent me a lovely care package of two much desired UK drugstore makeup items. Today, I’ll be focusing on one of those items: L’Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow in #005 Purple Obsession.

(the bottom of the eyeshadow - pretty!)
(the top of the eyeshadow)

If you’re not familiar with this eyeshadow, it’s because it’s (as far as I know) unfortunately only available in the UK. I don’t know why the UK has far superior drugstore makeup items, but they do. They also have far superior chocolate (oh, Cadbury!), which I find terribly unfair as well but at least I know a place in NYC where I can get it. I can’t get UK drugstore makeup here! So, I depend on the kindness of UK bloggers like the sweet Kelly to help me out.

(very similar to the Armani packaging!)

The Color Infallible eyeshadow range is the drugstore dupe of the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadows. Yes, there is a drugstore dupe! Incredible, no? Well, I can tell you that my little L’Oreal dupe compares very favorably - if not possibly better! - to the Armani eyeshadows.

(pure gorgeousness!)
I unfortunately do not have the price of the L’Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadow at hand; maybe a kind UK reader could let me know what they cost! I can’t imagine them costing any more than £7, but I could be wrong. I can tell you that the net weight of the product is 3.5g (or about .12 oz). The Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows retail for $32USD for .14 oz, so these shadows are already an amazing deal.
Now, onto a product description!
The texture: I unfortunately did not bring any of my Eyes to Kill eyeshadows with me to Florida, but I can tell you that their texture is a weird, powdery cream hybrid that is a bit crumbly. The L’Oreal Color Infallible has a very distinctly creamy, non-crumbly texture. These feel a lot nicer than the Eyes to Kill eyeshadows! I actually thought the L’Oreal eyeshadow was a cream, but it’s not. It’s much more refined than the Armani, probably because the shadow itself is just less metallic.

The color: Purple Obsession is a gorgeous smokey purple with a greyed base, shot throughout with red shimmer. This photographed horribly - I apologize! In real life, the greyed base is more obvious, and the color isn’t as red. The shimmer just warms up the color in photos. It is a very complex color, walking a fine line between purple taupe and reddish plum. I can imagine it being used as a liner, a lid color, and a crease color. I know I will get lots of use from it. This color is much more purpley and with less of a blackened base than the Armani Lust Red (#2), and redder and warmer than the Armani Pupura (#3). 

The wear: This eyeshadow claims to have a 24-hour wear time, and I don’t doubt that it’s true. My hand swatches refused to come off with soap and water immediately after doing them. With an eyeshadow base, you’ll probably have to chisel the color off of your eyelids! The special texture of this eyeshadow allows for the color and shimmer to stay true regardless of how sheer or opaque a layer is applied. 

The verdict: If I was readily able to buy these in the US, I would! This eyeshadow is both inexpensive and of incredible quality. Why hasn’t the US gotten these yet?!

8 love notes:

Nicholas said...

Well, they are the same company, aren't they? So not fair. Maybe it's a grass is greener type thing too. I dunno but I kind of miss the freestanding L'Oreal store we had for a minute here. They'd have exclusive stuff there (or so they claimed).

Joey said...

Are they the same company? CRAP! Never realized that =(

There was a freestanding L'Oreal store? I think I remembered this.

The funny thing is, this eyeshadow is much nicer than the GA ETK eyeshadows. And much cheaper. Makes no damned sense. I wish I could get all of the other colors.

Y said...

It looks amazingg!

Joey said...

It really is!! xo

Tali said...

Gorgeous color!!!!!

Joey said...

TALI! <333333

Yes, it's such a gorgeous color! You are lucky that you have access to such lovely treats in London! xo

Unknown said...

pretty! i just won the collection from http://canadianbeauty.com/ and just received it yesterday. i have a few of the armani shadows and hope these are just as good.

just a fyi...they are available in canada if you can get someone to cp for you :)

Joey said...

Hello, lucky anon! Aren't you excited to play with the L'Oreal shadows?! I have two of the Armani ETK shadows and I do think these are better in terms of texture.

Thanks for letting me know that they're available in Canada! =) xoxo