BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 6, 2011

GOSH Nail Lacquer in Purple Heart

Today’s post is a bit of a surprise: it’s a nail polish post! WHOA! I do my nails maybe once a century, so you all should be shocked. 
My nails have once again grown out to a lovely length (Scrangie, thanks again for being my nail idol, yo) and so I thought it was time to paint them again. Oh - I also have a Thirsty Thursday date later today with a dear friend who I haven’t seen in three years, so I wanted to look extra polished when I see him tonight (har-har, pun intended!!).
I have a nice little collection of nail polishes that was gifted to me by the lovely Kelly of Jellyminx Thinks a few months back, so I picked one that I had only used once before: GOSH Nail Lacquer in #550 Purple Heart.

Purple Heart is one of those incredible colors that makes me think of scarabs or ultra-cool eyeshadows from Fyrinnae. It is a deep blackened-plum color with a ridonkulous green duochrome. I tried very hard to take a picture that would show the duochrome in both the bottle and on my nails, and I think I succeeded! Hopefully my manicure looks all right. I had to do a bit of cuticle clean-up. 

Also, I am a little self-conscious about my nails. I’m an ex-nail biter and I have found that my nails always break, regardless of how careful I am with them. Does anybody have recommendations for a good base coat and top coat that have strengthening properties? I’m woefully uneducated when it comes to nail care.

As for the wear of this nail polish: I get a good 4-5 days before I notice any chipping. This nail polish is kind of thick, so I actually only used one coat for my manicure! The brush is a bit wide, I thought.


GOSH is a UK-brand as far as I know, and it’s a drugstore one, so I imagine this was really cheap. Would anyone care to let me know a price? I do know that, despite my general indifference to nail polish, I would like another GOSH polish or two, especially in more neutral colors (although I wouldn't argue if someone sent me GOSH Holographic)! 

4 love notes:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Gosh is sold in Canada too and has a website that ships to the US. They make fabulous nail polishes. Love this one - I love ones that change. They keep me entertained!

Joey said...

Marcia, thanks! I didn't know this =) xoxo

PerilouslyPale said...

Awww bunnies!
I didn't know there was a website here for Gosh either. It is actually carried in a store 2 mins from my work but I've never bought anything LOL. I'm a drugstore snob. ;-)

Joey said...

LOL Christa, you're too funny xoxo