BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 17, 2011

Opus Oils' Dirty Sexy Wilde, or "Sex in a Bottle"

Some reviews are hard to write because a product is terrible, or is just lackluster, or defies explanation - and then there are reviews that are hard to write because you don’t know how to describe a product without getting X-rated.
This review falls into the latter category.
It’s no small secret that I love Opus Oils, and it’s definitely widely-known that I think that Kedra Hart is hell-bent on driving her customers into a sex-drenched frenzy with her fragrances. What is fragrance but the ultimate tool for seduction? Kedra knows this, exploits this, and uses this knowledge to create dizzyingly addictive fragrances. 
Previously, I have reviewed Flapper (from the Les Bohemes collection) and Charlie #5 (from the Afraid of the Dark collection); I called Flapper “hypnotic and deadly” and declared Charlie #5 “sexual and seductive.” Today, I bring you Dirty Sexy Wilde, which more than lives up to its name. 

(picture borrowed from the Opus Oils website - how hot is Tiger Powers, hm?)
The best way for me to describe Dirty Sexy Wilde is through my boyfriend. When I first started to see Ilusionisto, we spent long hours curled up together. I was intoxicated by his warmth and his smell. Everyone has a smell unique to him or her, this is true. I’ve been told by past paramours that I smell baby powder-ish (bizarre, no?). Ilusionisto’s scent is unlike any I’ve encountered on a man: incredibly warm, musky, but with green overtones. The guy is a walking cologne. One night, drunk off of gin and his kisses, I told him, “You know what you smell like? You smell like the promise of sex.” 
Dirty Sexy Wilde smells exactly like my boyfriend. It is sex in a bottle (Sheila, add this one to our list!), and it should come with a warning label: Wear at your own risk; you will not sleep tonight, but it will be worth it.
On my skin, it is the most beautiful recreation of every memory I have of Ilusionisto. Every intricacy of his scent and skin play on mine. There is this incredible lush galbanum note which dances with violet on my wrists. As the scent progresses, the violet fades into a lush jasmine tobacco, wrapped in a blanket of intense animalics: civet and ambergris, my loves! There’s also a perceptible earthiness, which comes from the classic fougere base of oakmoss + coumarin. This fragrance is headspinningly rich, and deep, and intense. So intense! I hold my wrists to my nose and inhale and I fall, fall, fall into strong arms and warm lips and sweat and skin and moans and midnight. Every fantasy comes alive, every nerve is on fire, and all I can do is smile and want more.
Of course, I had to try this on my boyfriend while he was here last weekend. I hesitated to do so while he was awake, because my boyfriend’s previous encounter with a galbanum note upset him greatly. I crawled into bed, his back facing me, and I dabbed a couple of drops of Dirty Sexy Wilde onto the back of his neck. 
He woke up. “Joey, what is that? It’s really...green.” And it was really green on him. Something about Ilusionisto emphasized every green note in the fragrance: the galbanum was electric, and I smelled a rich citrus (mandarin?). There was a spicy thorny rose, and the oakmoss popped against a heady musky base. Completely different experience on his skin from mine, but just as appealing. Just as delicious. I curled up against him with my nose nuzzled into his neck and attempted to sleep. 
Did I succeed? That’s up for you to decide...but I can tell you that there’s nothing quite like laying on crumpled sheets in a galbanum haze, punchdrunk off of each other and from the perfume. 
Kedra, don’t ever let me run out of this!
If you dare to try it - and dare you should! - Dirty Sexy Wilde is available in a range of  size and product options on the Opus Oils website. 

12 love notes:

Nicholas said...

I love EVERY fragrance sample I got from Opus so far. Grant LOVES this one on me.

PerilouslyPale said...

DSW is fabulous but you forgot to include the WARNING! Apply delicately. 2-3 dabs is PLENTY. ;-) I learned my lesson!

tarleisio said...

DSW is, as I indeed wrote, Major Railroad Disaster stuff...and yes, it is, as Perilously Pale wrote, very, ahem, potent! If it's any consolation, I tried to write my own semi-coherent review and failed miserably! Nevertheless, DSW is emphatically one for our planned Sex in a Bottle series. I just dearly hope that I a) never encounter this in the wild, since I can't be held accountable for the consequences and b) hope that I do! Hope is green, too, right?

As for Tiger...his appeal is thermonuclear! I'd put it another way, but that could ricochet! ;-)

emmabovary said...

Your descriptions are seriously amazing, sigh. Want to fall in love with a perfume like this

Joey said...

Nickypoo, I'm so glad I gave you a great recommendation =D and Grant has great taste! xoxo

Joey said...

Christa, YES! 2-3 dabs is too much! One is enough IMO =D

Joey said...

Ah, my Sheila, hope is bright, kelly green like the galbanum in DSW. I don't know what I'd do if I ever encountered this in the wild. I have my boyfriend and all, but I cannot be held responsible for any bizarre courses of action I take. I thought about buying a bottle for the boyfriend, but do I want other women to smell this on him? Oh hell no!

Now, if Tiger were to show up drenched in this...well, that's another story!

Joey said...

Emma, thank you SO much! What a compliment! =D

You can totally fall in love with a perfume; just keep sniffing and testing! xoxoxo

Carrie Meredith said...

It makes me happy to know that others love DSW as much as I do... it was one that gave me an instant twitch of recognition. It's a bit rough but so perfect. Strangely enough, I can use a LOT of this stuff without it overwhelming me at all. In fact, I wish it was a touch stronger/ more intense in concentration. Either that means I'm getting old and my sniffer is dying a slow death, or DSW is so close to the scent of my skin that it's harder for me to notice. I think/hope it's the latter. :)

By the way, Joey, I want you to stop by my blog again and make up more briefs to entertain me. :)

Sharryn Stormonth said...

Another great review Joey, Sex in a bottle absolutely (I also want to know Tarleisio's other two nominees in this category) I have been so tempted to use this in the bath. I have worn it on me, in the bath, but not actually in my bath water, all that DSW steaminess, or is that just pushing it? Makes me think of the Sophie Dahl, Opium Campaign. For the woman who does not say "no" to anything: too much food, sex, love. Running the bath now..

Joey said...

Carrie, I think it's the latter =D

DSW is just...yes, it's so perfect. It's everything I want a fragrance to be: delicious, memory-inducing, sexual, skin-like. I can only use a drop or two before it drives me mad (but in the best way possible!).

I actually thought of another brief for you. Still deciding on a perfumer for it, though =)

Joey said...

Sharryn, DO TRY IT IN THE BATH! Let me know how that goes!

And I never say "no" - it's my biggest fault, but I enjoy it very much =D

xoxox