BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 3, 2011

Phytokératine Reparative Serum for Damaged Ends, how I love you!

There is a serious pile of things that I need to review; really, I have a huge backlog! It’s crazy. There are things that I used while in Florida that deserve blog posts, and the following is one such product:

(picture from the Nordstrom website!)

Meet Phytokératine Reparative Serum for Damaged Ends! The Phytokératine line is Phyto Hair Care’s newest strand savior system, and is meant to be used on weakened and damaged hair. I owe the health of my hair to the Phytokératine Reparative Serum for Damaged Ends! 
Being in Florida wrecked my skin and my hair; my parents never installed a filtration system in their home so instead of hard water (which I’m used to in NYC), I had to shower and wash my face with soft, mineral-y well water. I ended up being allergic to the water, which was crazy: my skin broke out in ways I had never experienced, and my hair? Oh, my hair started to split and break off. It was heartbreaking, and incredibly frustrating.
Luckily for me, the lovely people at Phyto had sent a bottle of Phytokératine Reparative Serum for Damaged Ends to my parents’ home - what perfect timing! Desperate for a miracle, I used three pumps of the product on my damp hair (it’s more of a gel-cream texture than a runny serum), working it in from the ends up, and waited to see how my hair looked once it dried.
Well readers, it was a true miracle: my hair was shiny, soft, and bouncy. My curls formed perfectly without any additional product. I was besides myself with happiness! For the rest of the time I was in Florida, I used my Phytokératine Reparative Serum as my only styler + leave-in treatment, and my hair thanked me for it. With continued use, my ends are soft and split-free, I lose less hair when I shower, and my hair just feels and looks stronger. I have been looking for ways to maintain my curls and cut (I had a fabulous cut at the John Barrett salon at Bergdorf Goodman back in May, and I want to milk it for all it’s worth!), and this serum is just perfect.
Now, what’s in in this miracle serum? Let’s see...
Silk peptides and brazilian palm oils help keep hair silky, shiny, and strong. Botanical keratin and hyaluronic acid work together to hydrate and reconstruct the hair cuticle, strengthening hair from the inside out. Ceramides fill in cracks in the hair cuticles, smoothing the cuticles and diminishing the appearance of split ends and other breaks. Pomegranate extract protects hair from heat styling, UV rays. and other environmental elements. Sounds like skincare, right? I was skeptical but boy, did this product deliver! 
Now, Phytokeratine Reparative Serum for Damaged Ends, 1.01 fl oz retails for $30USD for a 30mL bottle. This sounds small, but the product lasts for quite a while. At 3-4pumps a day, used each day for the past month, I’ve maybe used one-third of the tube. This is great, in my opinion. Besides, $30 is a small cost when it comes to the health of my hair! 
What Phyto products have you tried lately? Let me know in the comments! 



4 love notes:

Elvira said...

I need to try this. I have such fine and easily damaged hair. I bet I would even use less per application since you have waaay more hair than I do. I'm gonna HAVE TO check this out!

BTW: My word Verification was Chode
LMFAO

Joey said...

LMAO @ chode!

And yes, you need to check this out!

Tiffany Booth said...

Sounds fab! Love your site! I'm a new follower from the Beauty Bloggers group on Facebook.
I'd love to have you as a follower at the PS Beauty Blog too :)

Joey said...

Hi Tiffany, I am following you as well now. Thank you!

xo