BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Care Travel Kit - Tiny and Delicious!

Recently, I was given the chance to review the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Care Travel Kit, courtesy of Nature’s Basin. Nature’s Basin is an online store devoted to green products: they carry twenty different organic beauty brands, and offer customers perks such as a rewards program, samples with every order, and free shipping on orders over $49. Pretty sweet! 
Nature’s Basin had asked me if I’d be interested in reviewing a product from one of the many lines they carry, and I jumped at the chance to review the Weleda Pomegranate Travel Kit. I am a huge fan of Weleda products; Weleda Skin Food has been a holy grail facial and body moisturizer for me since I discovered it when I was eighteen. I had always wanted to try out some of the products from the Weleda Pomegranate line - who doesn’t adore the smell and taste of pomegranates? I most certainly do. 

(picture from the Nature's Basin website)

Apparently pomegranate seed oil contains good-for-you antioxidants that aid in the skin’s renewal and general appearance. As we transition from summer into fall, my skin needs all the help it can get. So, when I received my package from Nature’s Basin, I eagerly tore into it.
Now, here’s where things get kind of...upsetting. I know I was being sent a travel kit, and by definition a travel kit contains smaller products (so that they abide by TSA guidelines and fit easily into luggage, etc.). However, goodness - did these products have to be SO small?!
The Pomegranate Travel Kit contains the following:
Travel Size Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil .32 fl oz
Travel Size Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream .3 fl oz
Travel Size Pomegranate Creamy Body Wash .72 oz
Guys, this is a collection of damned tiny little bottles. You wanna know how little? I used the entire bottle of body wash in one shower. Although, this is due to two factors: 1) the small amount of product contained in the bottle itself, and 2) the body wash just did not lather. For the love of me, I couldn’t get it to lather! It just absorbed into my shower poofy-poof and did more to scent the air in my bathroom (with a decent pom scent) than it did to clean my skin. Meh. A normal person may have been able to get 2-3 uses out of this, but not I. I wasn’t impressed by the product anyway. 
Then, I leave my shower and go to use the body oil, which I was thrilled about. I open the box containing the bottle...oops, I mean vial. This was a glorified vial. Take a guess at what happened: I used at least 75% of the bottle in one shot. Ugh. How can I properly test and review a skincare product I’m only using once?! Well, the upshot is that 1) this smelled FABULOUS - a musk + fresh pomegranate combo, and 2) the body oil did an incredible job of moisturizing my skin. My legs were glowy (the boyfriend couldn’t stop staring) and soft for over twenty-four hours. The oil sank into my skin quickly and while it wasn’t exactly weightless, I didn’t feel greasy either. It was quite nice! 
Finally, I got to the hand cream. Despite the small size of the hand cream, in proportion to the amount of product used, it is actually a decently sized tube. This will probably last me a good month, since I need so little of it. The hand cream is similar in texture to Weleda Skin Food, but less heavy. It is a creamy-oil consistency, and smells as fabulous as the body oil. My hands and nails looked as if I had just gotten a great manicure! 
So, my final thoughts? Well, the Weleda Pomegranate Travel Kit retails for $17.95 on the Nature’s Basin website. This is an outrageous price for the amount of product received. The Pomegranate Hand Cream and the Pomegranate Body Oil retail for $12.95USD and $27.95USD respectively, and I feel that anyone curious in either of these two products (the body wash was awful, I’m sorry) is better off springing for the full-size. 

2 love notes:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) said...

Thanks for the review, Joey!
I bet that's not the ONLY reason the BF couldn't stop looking at your legs! Don't lie, bunny legs are very sexy. :3

Joey said...

You're welcome!

And HEE! I do have nice legs =D