BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Belated New Year's! (and some ramblings)

Whoa, has it been a long time! 
Happy belated New Year’s, dearest readers; I sincerely hope that everyone had a joyous and restful holiday season - something I did not have. As you may know, my new job is in retail, and the holidays were beyond hectic for me. The non-existent posting from me (along with my near-disappearance from Twitter) should have been a sign that things were just not going well for me. I made it through most of December on very little sleep, no makeup save for mascara, and only my perfume collection to keep me sane. Times were trying, truly trying. Every aspect of my life went completely on hold.

(See, I wasn't kidding - I really drew a bad picture of a Christmas tree!)
Even now that holiday has passed, we transitioned right into sale period (oh, isn’t retail grand?) and I’m still just as busy as I was pre-Christmas. Ugh. I have been so tired that I actually slept through New Year’s Eve! First time in my life that I’ve ever done that. I haven’t even written my ‘thank you’ cards for Christmas gifts that I received. I’m actually embarrassed at the level to which my life has corroded because of work responsibilities. 
My last wakeful hours on New Year’s Eve had me swearing to myself that 2012 would be different: I could no longer neglect myself or my blog. I made a DSH Perfumes order to cement this decision, and then passed out over a heap of french fries. Delicious!
The first day of 2012 ended up being just a beautiful day. With a fully done face of makeup (the first time in nearly a month that had happened) and a healthy spritzing of Guerlain Iris Ganache, I stepped out into a sunny NYC day and things just fell into place. My confidence soared, I was able to respond to texts and emails, and a lovely brunch date with Ilusionisto blossomed into the reconciliation of our relationship - and I looked and smelled fabulous the entire time. At the end of the day, I was able to sleep peacefully for the first time in a month. Truly, truly wonderful.

With this in mind, I wanted to thank each and every one of you for the love, support, and readership you’ve blessed me with this past year. Blogging (and my sick love of makeup and perfume) has brought me friendships that I could have never expected but have always wanted. I love - truly, truly love - each and every one of you. I am sorry I could not say these things sooner, or in a more personal manner. 
If I have any resolution for 2012, it is to bring you the little slices of my crazy brain that I had always tried to offer you: I am still buying all of the taupe eyeshadows I can get my hands on, I am still sniffing all of the perfumes I can get my hands on, and I’m still eating all of the bacon I can get my mouth around. Please, bear with me if things get crazy for me again. I do not mean to abandon you, or to disappoint. 
Now that I have said what I needed to say, I’d love to hear from you about your holiday season, about your New Year’s resolutions, and about all of the yummy things you have been eating! Let me know in the comments. 
...oh, and have a wonderful, lovely day! 

7 love notes:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) said...

Aww Joey! I'm glad to hear that you guys are back together! I hope that the rest of 2012 treats you well! <3

Erin said...

Missed you! The holidays always mean perfume time for me - best time to buy sets! Glad to hear you're rung in the new year properly! xoxo

lexi920 said...

Joey, oh how I wish I could just squeeze you!

Joel and I are trying to keep believing that 2012 will be our year to make it big. So fingers are crossed on that one. Till then I'll keep plugging away as an admin assistant and if all else fails there's always retail, right? Okay, I'm hoping I don't have to fall back on my retail past!

I think I'm dedicating 2012 to focus on becoming a better writer - cosmetics, fragrance and general play-writing.

Glad to hear that you rekindled love w/Illusionisto - just be patient. Things will work itself out - I had to learn the hard way!

Oh we are planning to send your storage box to you - please email me. We need to know if we can send this box to your address or if we can send it to your work? I just want to be sure you'll be able to receive and sign for it.

*jen said...

Congrats on your reconciliation, and hang in there - before you know it Spring will be sprung and at least going to work will be warm. ;)

xoxo. love ya much!
jen

anotherperfumeblog.com said...

I am so proud of you for making it through November and December. Lesser mortals would have crumbled under the pressure of retail holidays alone, not to mention the other things you had going on! :) Happy new year, and all my best and warmest wishes for good things in 2012!

Kenny said...

Happy New Year, JosieBunny! :)

Undina said...

I hope your 2012 will be better than 2011.
Happy New Year!